Saturday, February 8, 2014

When you pray, do not pray just for you. Include others in your prayers. Your friends, relatives, neighbours, community influence you a lot. You can't make your garden fragrant when your neighbourhood is filthy. If they are good, you are most likely to be good.

There is a story of a man who was making his way around the holy Kaaba and praying, "O God make my brothers good. " People said, you have finally reached this holy place why do you not pray for yourself ,why are all your p
rayers for your brothers?
He replied I have several brothers to whom I shall be returning. If I find them good, then I too will become good on account of their virtues but if I find them bad  I too will become perverted by their wickedness.



Since my goodness will result from associating with good people I therefore pray for my brothers to become good.